Thursday, September 18, 2008

Having Fun, Then ....

I thought about you the other day, my online friend.

Wondered why I hadn't heard seen you in a while,

and hoped all was ok with you.

I was with friends having fun, enjoying the chat going on.

Then in a nearby conversation, I heard your name.

I was having fun, then heard you had died of a stroke, maybe.

You were young, under 30.

I had no idea what you looked like, and didn't really care.

It was nice just to chat with you, to share stories, lives, and ideas.

After getting home, I facebooked you, so now I know what you look like,

who your friends are, who cared about you besides me.

But what you looked like don't matter.

For what I miss is your heart.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: